I am certified by three top national organizations: the National Academy of Sports Medicine, National Strength and Conditioning Association, and the American Council on Exercise.
I have 21 years experience working in health clubs. At times I was in management, and other times in sales. No matter what my job was, I was always helping people with their workouts! My studies in exercise science as well as a masters degree in health education help give me a well rounded education. I have worked with a wide range of people with many diverse needs and goals.
Please read my bio for more detail about my professional experience.
Personal Training Options
Option A: Personal Training in Your Home (parts of Brooklyn and Manhattan, NY)
I can come to your home for private, or small group training. The fee for a 60 minute private training session is $150.00. The first session is a consultation and some exercises. Small group prices vary, depending on the size of the group.
You can pay cash, check, or online with a credit card. This is done through Paypal.com, a secure website through which you send me a payment to my personal email address (email@example.com).
How Do We Start?
- First things first: I ask you to fill out whatís called a PAR-Q (physical activity readiness questionnaire). This is a standard form that, depending on your answers, tells you whether or not you should check with your doctor before you start or continue your exercise program.
- I ask you what your goals are. Then I do some assessments to see what else you need to work on. Unless you have specific concerns/goals, it is my professional opinion that most people need to include these components in their program:
- Overall strength: I like exercises that move a lot of your body at the same time. It gives you more bang for your buck and better results overall.
- Core integrity: your midsection that provides you with strength and stability from the inside out. Having a strong and stable core is crucial!
- Balance and coordination: this you get automatically with my workouts because we wonít be using a lot of machines.
- Flexibility: I will figure out where you need it and incorporate it if necessary.
- Cardiovascular endurance: your heart and lungs! If you donít do this on your own, we can incorporate it into the training program.
- If you want a program that you can do on your own other days in the week, I am happy to provide that for you as well.
- I pride myself on being on time, and appreciate you being ready to start the session at the agreed upon time.
- I consider myself fairly serious about the training. Donít worry-there will be plenty of fun, but we are there to work!
- I enforce a 24 hour cancellation policy. Please remember that my profession is built upon appointments, and I cannot schedule anyone in your time slot if you cancel late. I try to be accommodating for emergencies. I respect the same policy. If I cancel within 24 hours, you get the next session for free.
- I am also an educator for other fitness professionals throughout the US and abroad. I travel to teach workshops, and also to present at national fitness conferences. This part of my profession has only been a slight inconvenience through the years.
Option B: Online/Phone Personal Training
How This Works:
- We start with a consultation. This can be done in person, over the phone or online.
- You download some health history/waiver forms to fill out and email back to me.
- I email you a program that you do on your own, or at the gym.
- We communicate as often as you want as part of your program.
- Initial consultation (either live or online) and first workout: $150.00
ē The workout will enable you to start immediately.
- 2-3 email or phone contacts per month: $100.00 per month
ē This is dialogue between you and me to answer any questions and to make adjustments.
- 4-6 email or phone contacts per month: $200.00 per month
- You can pay by check or online with a credit card. This is done through Paypal.com, a secure website through which you send me a payment to my personal email address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
For more information, contact